Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in plasma physics, computational electromagnetics (EM) or related areas. Additional knowledge of fluid dynamics, plasma materials processing and computational methods is valuable but not essential. Uses best practices and technical knowledge to improve products. Solves complex problems; works with minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Key Responsibilities
- Perform plasma modeling and/or electromagnetics (EM) of plasma chamber to provide better understanding of plasma/EM behavior during concept & feasibility, design and development of the plasma chamber.
- Perform engineering analysis. Recommend design modifications to improve Plasma/EM behavior to address technical/business needs.
- Develop, modify and test internal Plasma/EM code as needed.
- Apply internal and/or external codes to address Plasma/EM related problems as needed.
- Work in a team environment. Present modeling results and recommendations to product development team.
- Provide technical expertise in plasma physics and/or EM as valuable resource.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in plasma physics, computational electromagnetics or related areas. Knowledge of fluid dynamics, plasma materials processing and computational methods is a plus.
- Has basic knowledge of semiconductor equipment industry.
- Acts as a plasma physics and/or EM resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Solves complex plasma physics and/or EM problems; judiciously interprets results; provides recommendation based on analysis.
- Impacts modeling team, product development team, customers, and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies.
- Explains difficult information; works in a team environment.
- Education: Masters or PhD
- 0 - 3 Years of relevant experience
- Expertise in plasma physics, computational electromagnetics or related areas
- Knowledge in fluid dynamics, plasma materials processing and computational methods is a plus
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.