Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Competencies:
A.E. RF Power and Matching; A.E. Electrical Control Systems; A.E. Power Distribution; A.E. Fab Connectivity/Automation; (4 - Subject Matter Expertise); EE - Test & validate modules (3 - Extensive Experience); EE - Select Components (3 - Extensive Experience); EE - Electronic Packaging (3 - Extensive Experience); EE - Grounding & Shielding (3 - Extensive Experience); EE - Design circuits (3 - Extensive Experience); Project Management (3 - Extensive Experience); Accuracy and Attention to Detail (3 - Extensive Experience); Technical Documentation (3 - Extensive Experience); AMAT Product Development Life Cycle (3 - Extensive Experience); EE - Design & maintain firmware (2 - Working Experience); EE - AC Power Systems (2 - Working Experience); EE - Process Power (2 - Working Experience); EE - PCB Layout Team (2 - Working Experience); Process Control; Chamber and System Controls, Motion Controls, Lifts/SW Controls; Tool Control Electronics; Robotics;
- Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of complex electrical problems with limited to no supervision
- Specify the development of design or modify engineering assemblies, layout/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of complex scope
- Interfaces with internal and external customers and suppliers regarding complex electrical issues for specific projects
- Implement concepts for wide range of complex product issues and solutions
- Generate product specifications with limited to no supervision
- Specify and/or perform engineering analysis of complex scope
- Define, coordinate, perform and generate engineering test reports
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field, especially in PCB Layout, Process Power and Controls.
- Knowledge and experience in solving obsolescence issues for complex electrical components such as Power supplies, RF Power and PCB Boards.
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Bachelor's Degree Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.