Arconic is currently in search of an Electrical Engineer
, to join our Global Rolled Products Operations business unit at our San Antonio Works facility. The Electrical Engineer's principal emphasis is on supporting San Antonio Works' objectives of sustaining operations, optimizing processes or equipment, and implementation of capital improvements or additions.Responsibilities
- Defining, analyzing, proposing and implementing solutions to technical problems relating to production facilities
- Obtaining funds for assigned projects by accurately preparing cost estimates, evaluating economics, local and corporate requests for authorization, and requests for major project funds with minimum direction
- Planning projects and coordinating installation with plant maintenance and production forces and outside contractors
- Developing safe, practical equipment designs and specifications
- Obtaining material by evaluating quotations, writing requisitions and coordinating timely delivery to meet installation target dates
- Providing technical supervision of installations and start-up of new or revised equipment - providing thorough project follow-up, including equipment data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, establishment of spare parts, preventive maintenance schedules and safety inspections
- Acting as project engineer in coordinating all phases of a major project - taking a major role in training less experienced engineers and coordinating the work of engineering assistants
- Maintaining effective communications with production, maintenance, purchasing, and other staff groups that are involved with assignments
- Maintaining broad, in-depth knowledge of processes and equipment, and ascertain if inefficient, abusive, or unsafe practices exist
- Maintaining pertinent equipment records on a continuing basis for area of responsibility. The Electrical Engineer's principal challenge is the utilization of his/her expertise and experience in managing a program designed to provide improved production equipment in a timely and economical manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an Accredited Board for Engineering and Technology program.
- Minimum of 1 year Electrical Engineering experience in manufacturing facility
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), political asylee, or refugee.
- 5 years' experience as a degreed Electrical Engineer in manufacturing facility
- Strong knowledge in the following: PLCs, DC motors and controls, variable speed drives, SCADA systems
- Strong communication, writing skills, and ability to communicate with various levels of technical knowledge and backgrounds
- Ability to teach and up skill technicians and electricians
- An aptitude for problem solving/troubleshooting to root cause and implementing repairs to restore flow of equipment or system
- Able to identify weaknesses in a system or process and formulate plans to correct
- Project Management skills; develop scope of work, estimate implementation costs and receive funding approval, lead and finalize designs, procure materials and resources, supervise installation, commissioning, and start-up
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.