Johnson Controls is a leading provider of building and equipment controls. We are looking for an entry level Electrical Engineering Intern to aid in support of our development team. He/she will work closely with the Engineering team in detailing and documenting the designs used in our products.
- Support Product Development Efforts during Design Life Cycle.
- Assist in construction of electronic prototypes of products. This includes, but not limited to, assembling and soldering printed circuit boards, connectors, cables/harnesses and test fixtures.
- Organize and order materials for proto builds.
- Assist in thorough testing of electronic product, including construction of test setups.
- Assist in preparation of operating instructions.
- Assist in development of design specifications.
- Assist in organization and preparation of Design Reviews.
- Use/develop electrical engineering design skills to assist in design of electronic products.
- Utilize classroom knowledge to solidify design basis via calculation in areas of structure, cost effectiveness, and test planning.
- Participate/assist in design tradeoff analysis in areas of implementation, schedule, cost, and resource constraints.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year Bachelors program majoring in Electrical Engineering
- Able to work at least 12 hours per week when school is in session and full time during semester breaks
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with emphasis on flexibility in adapting to changes as a result of refinements
- Experience with computer aided design software and techniques is desired (circuit simulation, schematic capture, LabView)
- Familiarity with technical documentation
- Good with problem solving
- Possess excellent math skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.