At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need an Electrical Field Service Technician that will be a solid contributor and leader. They will report to the Regional Managers within the Fleet Performance department. The primary focus will be to perform all field diagnostics and repairs in a professional manner.
The Electrical Field Service Technician is preferred to have an active Journeyman or Master Electrician License within the local state.
- Keep all appointments as scheduled, confirm attendance and seek to optimize field time efficiently
- Advanced troubleshooting of system issues as identified and scheduled by the corporate Fleet Performance team
- Diagnose PV system issues, including non-operation and underperformance, then develop and administer a remediation
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and interact directly with Vivint Solar customers
- Troubleshoot and resolve solar electric warranty and service issues that arise with: modules, inverters, and all system components to ensure maximum system performance
- Record and submit daily paperwork associated with serviced systems
- Actively report and communicate with Fleet Performance Regional Management
- Comply with key performance indicators (KPI) set by Regional Field Service Manager
- Attend webinars/calls and correlation meeting(s) as set by Regional Field Service Manager
- Maintain and communicate supply and equipment issues to properly address all service call needs
- Maintain regular communication with Electrical Field Service Technicians and Fleet Performance Call Center
- Ensure a high degree of workmanship as service and warranty work are completed
- Follow all safety policies while driving company vehicle and at all job sites
- Comply with necessary safety standards to assure a safe work place/condition
- Ability to identify solutions to resolve technical design problems including electrical systems used during construction
- Competent with adapting to different computer programs
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and adapting to change easily
- Ability to keep a positive attitude and encourage others
- Strong interpersonal/human relations and customer service skills
- Proficient analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skill set
- Must be comfortable working on rooftops with the proper fall protection
- Must be able to advance knowledge base through understanding of product and process documentation
- Strong work ethic, high level of craftsmanship/workmanship with strong attention to detail
- Journeyman Electrician certification preferred
- 2+ years of electrical experience
- 2+ years of solar-specific installation and/or service experience preferred
- 1+ years network systems experience
- Physically able to lift 50lbs and perform duties such as climbing, lifting and working outside
- Knowledge of the NEC and applicable codes and standards
- Understanding of how various electrical components can be repaired in the most cost-effective manner possible
- Experience diagnosing and repairing existing systems and electrical components
- Understanding of network functions, IP address knowledge, internet connection and troubleshooting of low voltage circuits
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.