Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Muscatine, Iowa plant as an Electrical Maintenance Engineer. The plant is located south of Muscatine along the Mississippi River and manufactures a wide variety of crop protection products, including Roundup ® , the world's best-selling herbicide. We are creative and committed, and believe that these values allow us to best serve our customers and employees. Monsanto - Muscatine has steadily adapted over the last 50+ years to meet the needs of an increasing agricultural chemical market. The demonstrated flexibility and proven capabilities of the site and its workforce make this a key manufacturing location for Monsanto.
The person in this role will providing electrical engineering support for plant wide manufacturing units, as well as technical support to troubleshoot and solve problems impacting equipment reliability.
- Troubleshoot electrical and instrumentation maintenance issues and complete appropriate documentation. Eliminate chronic electrical & instrumentation issues and increase MTBR (mean time between repair)
- Contribute to overall best practice implementation and value added cost control for overall maintenance and process operations
- Develop scopes defining improvement projects, including alternatives and cost-benefit analysis as needed
- Prepare maintenance plans for restoring equipment to operating condition in a minimum amount of time balancing repair cost and minimizing future failures
- Create and modify documentation related to process operation, safety, and applicable environmental regulations, as needed
- Identify and work to implement improvement projects related to safety, yields, capacity, quality, or cost improvement
- Mentor and train technicians
- Comply with plant safety rules and actively work to improve safety through coaching or engineered improvements.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering (will consider Spring 2018 graduates)
- 5 Years Engineering experience in Manufacturing environment
- Previous Engineering Internship or Coop assignment in Manufacturing or similar environment
- In-depth knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC) and electrical and instrument system design
- In-depth knowledge of PLC and DCS system design, programming, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of environmental and safety issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a high degree of personal initiative
- Ability to work well in a team environment and inclusive culture
Description of Specific Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Position is in a manufacturing environment and requires the ability to ascend and descend stairs on a regular basis. Position also requires the ability to access all areas of the plant to monitor maintenance & project execution, and to identify future needs. Use of a Full-Face Respirator required for work with materials, if applicable. Troubleshooting will infrequently require the employee to lift items weighing up to 50lbs. After-hours support of critical needs is expected. Limited amounts of travel are expected to visit vendors, warehouse sites, corporate offices, other manufacturing sites, and personal development classes.