Location: Aiken, South Carolina - United States PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer has responsibility for overall Electrical Maintenance Operations at the Aiken manufacturing facility. He/she is responsible for all aspects of the electrical maintenance processes, and uses engineering skills to drive improvements in safety, productivity and quality, while reducing costs and assuring environmental compliance. REPORTS TO:
This position reports to the Maintenance & Reliability Leader.PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIESLiving the Safety stand and adhering to the safety responsibilities
Leading Electrical Maintenance Operations
- Educates team members on safe maintenance work processes and procedures
- Adheres to, and continuously improves, all plant and position-specific safety policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensures a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work environment and builds a culture where safety is a first priority
- Effectively communicates Owens Corning's stand of safety with external parties and ensures that they work according to our safety standards
Leading and Developing Talent
- Ensures the proper routine electrical maintenance of plant equipment
- Promotes the service and quality culture in the department to meet/exceed established goals
- Develops and executes Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs
- Improves the reliability of the plant systems and assets through preventative and predictive maintenance and capital improvements
- Identifies and captures opportunities for reliability performance and cost improvement
- Works closely with the Operation Department in a team-based environment that is designed to manage in a manner that will ensure continuously improving machine performance and employee efficiency
About Owens Corning
- Develops and executes training plans for maintenance personnel and creates a continuous learning environment for employees
- Assists in leading and coaching primary maintenance workforce and drives their engagement
- Promotes a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for wining
- Serves as a technical expert and invests in the growth and development of others
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.