Location: Newark, Ohio - United States
This position will lead the Electrical Maintenance Operations for the Newark Plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the electrical maintenance process. They must demonstrate the ability to motivate people and must be viewed as a clear and credible communicator. They must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect with plant employees and leaders.Reports to
: Maintenance LeaderSpan of Control
: The Newark Plant has approximately 600 employees. The Electrical Leader will have 34 hourly direct reports. All of which are members of the IBEW union. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.The Electrical Maintenance Manager will have responsibility for:
- Ensuring a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work environment and building a culture where safety is a first priority
- Developing risk assessments for critical tasks
2. Responsible for all aspects of the Electrical Maintenance Operations. Metrics
- Ensure 95% completion rate in
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Safety metrics - RIR, first aids, near misses, SAFE and Critical 6
- Leader Safety Standard Work and Hazard ID
- Ensures a safe work environment through employee coaching and engagement and strict adherence to OC's safety policies and procedures
Ensures the routine electrical maintenance of Plant equipment and by:
- Grow the service and quality culture in the department and meet / exceed established goals.
- Development and execution of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs
- Further develop craft training plans and create a continuous learning environment for employees
- Co-Leading and coaching of unionized primary maintenance workforce (crew of approx 34) and driving engagement in the primary workforce
- Improve the reliability of the plant power systems through preventative and predictive maintenance and capital improvements.
- Technical resource regarding the insulation manufacturing process, equipment and protocols
- Technical knowledge in DCS control systems, high voltage equipment, PLC applications (Allen Bradley), AC/DC line drives, process instrumentation, data acquisition, etc.
- Strong background in proven trouble shooting best practices.
- Identify opportunities for reliability performance and cost improvement
- Experience developing and managing project work.
- Ensure the injury-free performance primary member team
- Develops and implement a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for wining.
- Effectively lead and manage change for their workgroup while maintaining high levels of employee engagement.
- Behaves consistently with desired Owens Corning leadership characteristics and competencies
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Works closely with the Production Department in a team-based environment that is designed to manage in a manner that will ensure continuously improving machine performance and employee efficiency.
- Ensure supervisory practices are consistent with the facility collective agreement and effectively manage the grievance resolution process
- 5 years progressive leadership experience within a manufacturing environment preferred. Prefer emphasis on electrical
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Discipline or Technology Diploma (electrical maintenance preferred) or an equivalent combination of training and experience, Master's degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Six Sigma / Lean manufacturing experience is highly desired
- Experience in Reliability Improvements (CMRP desired)
About Owens Corning
- Ability to engage employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects at one time
- Lean Certification or evidence of Lean Manufacturing experience
- Ability to make decisions based on facts and / or data including having the basic mathematics and technical skills to analyze data, interpret graphs, and combine related data
- Ability to lead a unionized hourly employees
- Ability to create and drive change and effectively communicate to all levels in the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as effectively facilitate open two-way communication both within and outside of the organization
- Ability to work both strategically and hands-on
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology