Work both independently and with the maintenance team to perform daily maintenance and preventative maintenance tasks on all facility equipment and systems. While the emphasis will be on electrical support, it may also include supporting other maintenance activities such as plumbing and mechanical repairs.
Work to diagnose equipment or facility electrical or instrumentation problems, and implement corrective actions in a timely manner to return equipment to Production.
Support facility improvements, equipment repairs, and new equipment/system installation activities. This may include managing outside contractors working onsite for larger projects.
Assist in developing, monitoring, and controlling spare component inventories.
Perform preventative maintenance and basic inspections that may include, but not limited to, the following equipment and systems:
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Basic Qualifications
- Facility auto-blasters and manual grit blast systems including duct work, system hoses, compressed air supply regulators/hoses, blast guns, system tables and mechanical motion systems.
- Inspect and maintain facility dust collection systems, including photohelics/magnehelics, pulse solenoids, and cartridge inspection and replacement.
- Perform furnace inspections on components such as fire eyes, argon panels, furnace cooling systems, and combustion air filters.
- Perform Met Lab equipment inspections and PM's on components such as closed loop water systems, sample polishing, and cutting equipment.
- Perform inspections on all roof heating, facility exhaust, and HVAC fan and filter systems.
- Perform EHS inspections of GFCI's, Emergency lighting, Power cords/strips.
- Assist in the implementation of TPM initiatives and follow all Corporate Environmental Health and Safety programs and initiatives.
Position requires a current Electrical E-1 License issued by the State of Connecticut
Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of Electrical Experience. Preferred Qualifications
Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, and use them to troubleshoot problems with equipment as must.
Ability to work with PLC's, understanding logic diagrams, and diagnosing problems desirable.
Working knowledge of current electrical codes, including sizing conductors, specifying conduit requirements, as part of new installations.
Ability to use all appropriate electrical tools to install new electrical circuits, such as conduit benders, etc.
Ability to operate a scissor lift and boom lift, which requires medical clearance.
Knowledge in Environmental Health and Safety training in Lock out/Tagout/Verify, scissor lift certification, NFPA 70E, and electrical awareness desirable.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedures, maintenance work instructions, and documented equipment specifications and drawings a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to perform basic computer operations in the maintenance database application, excel spread sheets, and word documents.
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.