Primary function is to apply principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics to troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental/ production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer equipment, test equipment, and machine numerical controls. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED
• Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring(3 phase & single phase), and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
• Responsible for designing, developing, testing, and the manufacture of electrical and electronic equipment such as communication equipment, machinery monitoring devices, production management equipment, and computers.
• Provide innovative technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems including but not limited to working with the Continuous Improvement Department as needed.
• Develop and program PLC and computer automation.
• Must be able to fabricate sketches and drawings to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic equipment, machinery or systems.
• Design, develop, install, and repair automation and systems involving PLC and PC based controls.
• Read and interpret Blue prints, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical schematics.
• Responsible for building and repairing jigs, fixtures, and dies as required. Send out work as required to complete repair.
• Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts
• Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
• Repairs and maintains forklifts, and other related vehicles (examples include but not limited to man lift, golf cart, van, snow plow etc.)
• Repairs and maintains hand tools, impact guns, saws etc.
• Performs preventive maintenance on all equipment and inspects cranes and hoist monthly.
• Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
• Responsible for keeping all machinery and cranes in safe, working condition. Assures maintenance of accurate records of repair material inventory, asset repair history and preventative maintenance schedules through provision of software, hardware and departmental operating practices.
- Responsible for reporting work related injuries and near misses to supervision.
- Responsible for wearing all required PPE and following applicable safety/environmental rules.
- Responsible for correcting or reporting unsafe conditions observed within the plant.
Seven years of related experience in two or more of the following areas: Electrical/electronic repairs including industrial equipment controls, PLC programming, computer automation programming and/or design. Certification in PLC programming. Knowledge of electrical and electronic circuits to design, develop, test, and manufacture electronic and computer-controlled mechanical systems, such as robotic assembly machines through use of oscilloscopes, multi-meters, etc. Must be able to create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up. Ability to read and interpret blue prints; hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical/electronic schematics. Electrical apprenticeship preferred.