Location: New Century, Kansas
Posted: November 02, 2016
Reference ID: 16000HPC
Electronic Maintenance Technician – New Century, Kansas
An Electronic Maintenance Technician maintains and fixes machinery that processes margarine and spreads in the plant. This includes both mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repairing of processing and packaging equipment.
Candidates must be flexible on hours and shifts. Overtime hours will be scheduled during periods of increased production or to cover absences and vacations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Repairs, replaces, adjusts, and aligns components of machinery and equipment
• Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment, and machinery
• Welds to repair broken metal parts
• Performs routine preventative maintenance and repairs to manufacturing equipment as needed
• Observes electrical and mechanical devices/systems in operation to located causes of trouble
• Repairs and replaces defective parts
• Service and repair plant facilities equipment such as air compressors, heat exchangers, boilers and ammonia refrigeration equipment
• Adjust and test machinery
• Make repairs such as chains, sprockets, bearings, and belts. Rebuilds pneumatic cylinders, valves, pumps, gearboxes and other drive train components
• Stick and tig welding repair
Electrical Technician Job Tasks:
• Troubleshooting and networking PLC programming
• Basic electrical construction, including installing conduit
• Troubleshooting and calibrating AC & DC drives
• Reading electrical and electronic prints
• Working off PID drawings
• Troubleshooting ladder and PLC logic
• Troubleshooting and solving issues related to electrical or mechanical problems
• Working with BCD
• Application of resistors and understanding of their color coding
• Equipment Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Troubleshooting: Determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
• Be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
• Work under pressure to fix equipment quickly because breakdowns usually stop or slow production.
• Knows, understands, and applies safe work practices, including lock-out and tag-out, confined space entry, as well as safety practices relevant to mechanical skill sets.
• Reads and understands electrical, equipment manuals, pneumatic schematics as well as mechanical drawings.
• Ability to work in a self-directed fashion.
3 years of industrial maintenance experience with up to 480V 3-phase.
Must have knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Also, know 3 phase electrical, and AC and DC controls.
Must have HS Diploma/GED and three semesters of college level industrial electronics education.
***As part of the hiring process, qualified candidates will be asked to complete two assessments: Kansas WorkKeys assessment and a Mechanical Skills test.
Please Note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory. In order to be considered, please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .