Electrical Product Engineer (EPE)
Posted: September 02, 2017
Reference ID: 1216158
What You'll Do
The Inseime group is looking for a motivated and experienced individual to provide electrical product engineering support for new and sustaining products. This individual will be responsible for products' cost and quality from NPI to EOL.
Electrical Product Engineer provides new product and on-going engineering (including DFM) for a specific product or group of products from pre-concept commit through end of life. For new products, this individual will Interfaces with design (hardware and mechanical), process, test and reliability engineering to solve problems and ensure cost avoidance and quality at FCS. For sustaining products, this individual will focus on cost reduction and design related yield improvements.
High Level Responsibilities:
* Perform New product Engineering / Product sustaining engineering
* Design for Manufacturing
* Value engineering - Engage early with Component Engineering, GSM and Hardware engineering and influence on component selection, process efficiency, and design changes
* BOM structuring and BOM risk Management.
* Design tools proficiency (Valor, schematic, CAD, other CAE tools)
* Design lab experimentation / debug (proficiency continuum) / DOE/EFA
* Assessing CM and supply chain technical capability gaps
* Creating, analyzing, and releasing product documentation
* Cost avoidance (pre-A0) and sustaining cost reduction
* Technical lifecycle management (defect reduction team participation, new component qualification, etc)
* Mfg. (Process) FMEA review
* Design FMEA engagement and review
* Design diagnostic analysis and input / influence
* Leadership and direction of complex issue resolution
Who You'll Work With
You will be working very closely with HW Engineering, rest of Product Ops team, GSM, Mfg Ops and EMS partners.
Who You Are
You need to have good analytics, decision making and strong communication skills to influence others. In addition, minimum requirements for this role are:
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent plus 7-10 years related experience
* Understanding of system hardware architectures, design concepts and engineering development practices. Using various diagnostic tools, debug and trouble-shoot failing system down to board level and also boards down to component level. Characterize timing interface using scope, logic analyzers, TDR and various other equipment. Test, debug and bring-up proto boards
* Experiences with Allegro, Valor and other manufacturing tools used in the job
* Good understanding of PCB fabrication process and technology.
* Good understanding of the end-to-end process for Printed Circuit Board Assembly.
* Understanding of the entire product development process.
* Ability to work in a team and ability to multi-task.
* Experience working on a switch/router product is a plus
* Good written and verbal communication. Good interpersonal skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.