Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
Under supervision, performs apprenticeship level work in the installation, maintenance, and repairs of the electrical systems, all electrical fixtures and equipment following the recognized procedures and techniques of the electrical trade. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment and appliances using the necessary hand tools and testing instruments.
- Inspects and test electrical lighting, power circuits and equipment.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using suitable testing instruments.
- Examines and tests all elements of electrical systems to locate obvious faults, such as blown fuses, short circuits, broken wires, and loose connections.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, insulators and other elements of electrical systems, fixtures and appliances.
- Renews circuits by isolating and/or cutting out the defective wiring and replacing with new wiring or splicing.
- As required, estimate materials needed and record time and materials expended on work orders.
- Will have minor supervisory duties when assigned an Electrician Helper to assist in electrical duties.
- Provide functional operational support to campus as essential personnel during times of emergency, catastrophe, inclement weather, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
High School diploma and trade specific certifications required. Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum five years' experience in the electrical trade pertaining to maintenance and/or construction.
- Two (2) years' experience as a licensed Master Electrician.
- Thorough knowledge of codes pertaining to maintenance and installation of electrical systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of conduit bending, ladder and scaffolding safety, wire pulling, and the proper operation of metering equipment and various handtools.
- Able to work indoors and outside in different weather conditions.
- Knowledge and understanding of high voltage systems and equipment a plus.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of the job, including heavy lifting.
- Lift or move heavy objects up to 80 lbs.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.