As a leading pet food manufacturer, and one of the largest manufacturers in Oklahoma, we carry on the legacy of our Founder who led us to reshape the larger Pet Care Category. Over 100 years in existence, we’ve grown our passionate Purina Family as we’ve grown the breadth of our business. Nestle Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City (OKC) with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown in Edmond. Having served as a production facility for many years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we have left a big paw print on this charming western city.
The Electrical/Controls Manager (Industrial Automation) has overall accountability for the functionality and performance of the facility’s industrial process automation controls with an emphasis on electrical, instrumentation, and controls. Responsible for assigning work and providing support and guidance to team members, and ensuring the services and deliverables provided meet NPPC standards. The Controls Manager is responsible for monitoring workload of the team and proactively managing assignments so that deliverables are completed in accordance with the approved budget and established milestone dates. This position has direct reports.
- Guide the activities of engineers, technicians and other support staff in the planning, scheduling, design and execution of projects.
- Monitor and maintain department productivity and ensure NPPC Engineering and quality standards are met.
- Develop and/or maintain technical and administrative processes, tools, and guidelines pertaining to Instrumentation & Controls.
- Provide technical and process support as required. Coaches, trains, mentors and provides leadership to technicians for troubleshooting procedures and resolution to technical problems.
- Recruit, hire, and train personnel necessary to ensure the department is staffed with an appropriate balance of personnel needed to effectively execute work and meet project schedules.
- Monitor and maintain factory energy program and identify/drive implementation of energy projects.
Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
5 or more years of plant control system support, design, and development experience.
2 or more years of people leadership or project management experience.
Skills: Electrical Power and Controls Design, Systems Integration, Hardware and Instrument Specification, Schematics, and P&ID layout, Safety and Q.A., Datalogging, RSLogix, Modicon, Intellution iFix, Risk Assessments and S.I.S. Experience in industrial manufacturing facilities preferred.