At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Electrical / I&C Maintenance Technician - Exelon Industrial Services
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The responsibilities of this position are to support and execute generator testing, voltage regulator testing, motor testing, relay testing, all applicable Doble testing, and transformer oil sampling. Other responsibilities include completing administrative tasks associated with programmatic efforts and attend training when required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Perform predictive maintenance and calibration testing on major plant apparatus, writing reports, and maintaining the logs.
2. Perform maintenance and calibration in support of plant operations.
3. Provide technical support to plant operations, maintenance staff, and engineering.
4. Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Associates Degree in Engineering Technology, Electronics, or related field OR
2. HS Diploma and minimum of 18 months of trade or technical training in Power Plant Technology or related field
3. Minimum 5 years Power Plant or Utility experience.
4. Must be able to reliably report to work as required
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
6. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
7. Self-motivated and strong customer focus skills.
8. Experience with PCs (Word, Excel, etc. ) and Internet applications for program tracking.
9. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with electrical apparatus testing and data interpretation.
10. Experienced in the testing of motors, transformers, and generators OR
11. Experienced in the testing and calibration of relays
12. Qualified Clearance and Tagging Holder.
1. Experience with any CBM technology, primarily electrical apparatus testing.
2. Desire to learn new skills in advanced monitoring techniques.
Position reports to Tech Supervisor
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.