Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Key Responsibilities
- Evaluates technical requirements of new and existing products. Applies knowledge of qualified sources and products to recommend materials to Design Engineering, which would result in savings, lead time reductions, system improvements, increased life and/or mitigated risk.
- Work with New Product Development teams to ensure the integrity and clarity of engineering drawing requirements and that all expectations are communicated effectively to supporting suppliers.
- Participation with New Product Introduction teams to ensure suppliers are involved in the development and review of specifications to promote design for manufacturability.
- Continuous involvement in the Supplier Selection Process to develop a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery and technology.
- Leads the supplier technical audit process and evaluates supplier performance and capability, drive continuous improvement opportunities at supplier. Training other supplier engineers on the supplier audit and evaluation process.
- Leads quality problem resolutions and incident management, drive root cause and correction action. Identifies and drives broad based systemic supplier resolutions at the process level.
- Assist in cost planning by monitoring key cost drivers, supply markets, to ensure a competitive advantage
- Regarded as the technical expert in the following technical areas
- Electrical/electronic engineering with specialty in power distribution modules/assemblies and RF power supplies
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Failure analysis of power distribution modules/assemblies as well as sub-modules/components
- Reliability engineering practices for reliability prediction, verification and growth
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems, using sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
- Understanding and use of various problem solving methodologies, such as 8D, six sigma, etc.
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies.
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of views.
- Bachelor's Degree a must (advanced degree, such as Master's, preferred)
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.