Location: Waxahachie , Texas - United States
Shift: 12 hour rotating
Position available for a senior industrial electrician in a Fiberglass manufacturing facility. Position will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electrical equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, PLC programs, production machines, material handling equipment, AC/DC drives, power and lighting systems, blending/mixing systems, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Diagnose and repair electrical issues on all plant equipment.
2. Perform preventative maintenance tasks using CMS system (SAP).
3. Complete work orders in a timely manner to the highest quality standards.
4. Daily reporting of all work performed - effective shift pass downs and electronic entries.
5. Maintain complete personal tool inventory necessary to perform job functions.
6. Perform all tasks in accordance with company safety and GMP policies/guidelines.
7. Order/generate parts request and help to maintain adequate inventory organization and help maintain accurate stock status.
8. Maintains safe and clean working environment at alltimes
9. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Electrical Skills (including but not limited to):
1. Ability to work safely. Maintain safe work environment; communicate issues and take corrective actions when safety issues arise. Strong understanding of OSHA safety guide-lines. Execute and maintain safety procedures in order to eliminate all accidents.
2. Proficient with Allen Bradley PLC systems and variable speed drives.
3. Proficient with operating equipment installation and troubleshooting.
4. Experience running, maintaining, and troubleshooting high speed manufacturing equip-ment.
5. Perform preventative maintenance on all production equipment in accordance with the established schedule that is determined and assigned by the department supervisor. En-sure preventative maintenance tasks are completed.
6. Overhaul, dismantle, and reassemble equipment.
Additional Skills Required
1. Maintain computerized daily work logs and update equipment and performance records.
2. Complete work orders for equipment repairs and parts.
3. Oversee major projects, i.e., new equipment installation, major equipment modifications, etc.
4. Design and install improvements to equipment to enhance quality, safety, or increase of production.
5. Read and understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics, blueprints, and equipment drawings and manuals.
6. Maintain good housekeeping in all production areas and shop.
7. Use of data, internet, and catalogs to locate equipment parts SAP experience a plus.
8. Ability to make continuous process improvements.
9. Familiar with Six Sigma and 5S work practices.
10. Self motivated, open minded, intuitive team player with a good working attitude and good interpersonal skills, and a solid work ethic.
11. PC proficient using MS Office.
12. Experience with computerized mechanical maintenance systems (SAP, MP2, etc).
13. Capable of working without direct supervision, capable of following verbal and written instructions with minimum supervision.
14. Ability to work independently as well as efficiently in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Must be 18 years or older.
2. High School diploma or GED.
3. Must be able to pass a pre-employment literacy test (ACT WorkKeys)
4. Possess minimum of two years technical training and/or five plus years of proven related electrical experience or an equivalent combination of both education and experience. Department of Labor Electrical certification a plus.
5. Must be able to complete forklift and man lift certifications.
6. Be able to work 12 hour shifts, overtime, and weekends/holidays as scheduled.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites that make your car lighter, stronger and more efficient, to innovative roofing products and energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. In business for more than 75 years, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2013. A Fortune 500® company for 59 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 27 countries. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology