At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Electrical Systems Control Technician for the Industrial Adhesive Tape Division located in Knoxville, Iowa. Job Summary:
The position of Electrical Systems Control Technician has responsibility to layout, facilitate, plan, and document the installation, maintenance, repair, replacement, modification, troubleshooting, diagnostics, programming and optimization of new and existing manufacturing equipment and all the associated control of that equipment. Must be able to apply and implement local, state, federal, and 3M safety and operability codes & regulations. Provides production and engineering advanced systems expertise on new and existing equipment Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Maintain Electronic Equipment and Components to include repair/replace circuit boards and components, communication networks and data systems, troubleshoot/repair/design intrinsic safety devices, upgrade software and equipment
- Maintain Electrical Equipment and Components to include variable frequency drives, transducers, solenoids, relays, motor starters, switches, AC/DC motors
- Program/Troubleshoot using programming devices to include PLC's, DCS, transmitters, drives, HMI's, vision-optical inspection systems, and web defect detection systems
- Install/Upgrade equipment to include performing preliminary equipment inspections, run conduit and terminate wiring, conduct job safety analysis, and install pneumatic lines
- Maintain/troubleshoot hydraulic/pneumatic equipment to include control valves, hydraulic/pneumatic motors, and pumps
- Calibrate equipment to include weight systems, transmitters, transducers, control loops, indicators, readouts, and gas analyzers
This position may require:
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Working a 12-hour night shift schedule
- Short notice call in
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum of five (5) years industrial electrical or electronics experience OR an Associate's degree (or greater) in an electrical or electronics discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years industrial electrical or electronics experience AND an Associate's degree (or greater) in an electrical or electronics discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of System Control experience
- Experience diagnosing and repairing the following types of equipment in a manufacturing environment: Electrical Power Supply, Machine Control Devices, Pneumatics, and Hydraulics
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Human Interfaces (HMIs), Analog and digital AC/DC drive systems, Pneumatic/hydraulic systems, Calibration/Metrology, and the National Electric Code
- Direct experience within a manufacturing setting with the following: Laser capabilities, Web handling, Tension control, and Precision motion and robotics
- Advanced computer knowledge
- Self-motivate, team oriented, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Understand and follow both oral and written instructions
: Knoxville, IowaRelocation:
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for an Electrical System Control Technician position at 3M Knoxville, IA. Qualified applications may be considered when Electrical System Control Technician openings occur at 3M Knoxville, IA for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.About 3M
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 88,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create. Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what's next at 3M! Follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.