This position is an electronic elevator electrical sub/systems engineering position. It entails the development of new sub/system architectures, designs and features.
- Play a crucial role in new product development
- Maintaining product integrity
- Evaluating change opportunities, and integrating new electrical system topologies,
- Architecture and designs into new and existing systems
- Working to meet agreed upon cost and schedule commitments
- Ability to read and understand context diagrams, system diagrams, schematics and wiring diagrams, analyze complex problems to identify root cause and develop innovative solutions
- Ability to work across disciplines with mechanical engineers, software engineers, manufacturing personnel, and field personnel is required
- Sound electrical engineering background (wiring diagrams, systems analysis, motor and control applications, and control logic)
- Sound electrical system background from architecture, functional allocation and standard interfaces
- Experience working with industry system tools (i.e. context diagrams, etc.)
- Experience working with code agencies. i.e. CSA
- Experience working with suppliers/3rd parties
- Experience in video and display technologies a plus
- ECAD tools (Cadence, E3, etc.)
- Experience with test and measurement equipment
- Understanding of mechatronics, mechanical and software functions
- Strong communications (English/Spanish preferred) and leadership ability
- Understanding of and other manufacturing processes
- BA/BS EE degree with 5 to 10+ years' experience
- MA/MS EE or System degree with 3 to 5+ years' experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.