Modis Engineering is currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician job opportunity located in the Bowling Green, OH area. The Electrical Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, repairing, programming, and installing electrical control systems used in manufacturing. The Electrical Technician will take a proactive approach to prevent repairs, and will install, replace and troubleshoot equipment; including plant power distribution equipment, facility electrical equipment, and auxiliary systems. Qualified candidates will have 3+ years industrial equipment maintenance. This is a 3rd shift, full-time direct hire opportunity with a well-established, leading manufacturing facility.
Electrical Technician job responsibilities include:
• Interact with production and operations associates to determine machine issues and resolution action plans and set priorities based on production needs.
• Account for and record parts and supplies used for repairs of equipment and plant utilities.
• Develop B-O-Ms for electrical jobs performed in the plant and involvement in creating and maintaining plant electrical system documentation.
• Read, develop and interpret technical documents and drawings (operating/maintenance instructions, electrical drawings and schematics, programs, procedure manuals).
• Understand and apply engineering principles as it applies to electrical control disciplines.
• Perform & manage small to medium plant electrical projects and work orders.
• Be available for off-shift technical support to production lines
• Develop and conduct technical training for other plant associates.
• Operate, utilize, and maintain a personal computer for electrical troubleshooting, programming, configuring, and general maintenance of electrical control equipment.
• Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills
• Understand & follow NEC/NFPA 70, 70E, & 79, as well as OSHA code regulations as it pertains to the plant facility & equipment.
• Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Electrical Field or related technologies preferred
• Training in an electrical discipline
• A minimum of three years of experience in electrical/industrial controls
• Intermediate to advanced skill & experience programming Rockwell Automation PLCs/PACs, including ControlLogix, Micrologix, SLC 500, PLC 5, etc.
• Familiar with human machine interface (HMI) equipment from Rockwell Automation, including Panelview, Panelview Plus, Factorytalk View, Inview Message Displays, etc.
• Intermediate understanding of Rockwell Automation Industrial Drives and Servo Motion Systems, including Servo 1394, Kinetix 6000, Powerflex, ControlLogix Integrated Motion programming, SERCOS, SYNCHLINK, AXISLINK, etc.
• Familiar with standard variable speed AC & DC motor drive systems & control systems.
• Experienced working with programming and configuration software of various types for Rockwell Automation control systems, including RSLogix (5, 500, 5000), Panelbuilder, Factorytalk View ME, RSLinx, RSNetworx, GML Commander, etc.
• Experience with Temperature Control Systems, troubleshooting, repairs, maintenance.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
If you are interested in this Electrical Technician job opportunity in Bowling Green, OH then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis Engineering go to www.modis.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Laura Sanchez at 216-750-6231 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled