Arconic is currently in search of an Electrical Technician
to join our team in Davenport, IA. At Arconic, our goal is to be the best company in the world! Arconic is the world's leading producer and manager of light-weight materials. Arconic serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Arconic's businesses as a single solution to customers.
Since it opened in 1948, Arconic's Davenport, Iowa aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs 2,400 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with 25 percent of revenues coming from exports. Through continued modernization, including a $500 million investment over the past decade alone, Davenport has maintained its position as the world's premier aerospace and automotive supply plant.Responsibilities
- Support and maintain a safe work place by active involvement in the safety processes, and leading by example by supporting Alcoa's EHS policies and values.
- Provide technical & tactical support and leadership on planned and un-planned equipment breakdowns and outages on production centers; provide technical support on specialized equipment such as Direct Fire melt furnaces. Allen Bradley Programmable Controllers, RS Logics and AC/DC drives. Also provides assistance to Engineering on tune up, check out, and commissioning of new and revised equipment.
- Train and mentor Unit Supervisors and craftspeople, enabling continuous technical skills improvement throughout the organization.
- Support the Lead Operator process.
- Support up-skilling of crafts people. Develop and execute training plans.
- Lead the effort in development of SOP's, WIP's and related procedures on new and existing equipment; provide training on the procedures.
- Provide technical input to preventative and predictive maintenance systems.
- Ensure long term viability of existing equipment by recommending and implementing changes and improvements to control systems or equipment to increase equipment reliability.
- Lead problem solving and root cause analysis efforts, providing documentation and record retention on technical related issues.
- Assist in critical spare parts management.
- Apply the Arconic Business Systems concepts and Stability Tools into your daily activities, ensuring that critical maintenance processes are integrated into day to day operations.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years' electrical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Completion of a recognized electrical apprenticeship, four years on the job training or electrical degree from an accredited technical college or institution
- Broad electrical experience, with a preference for knowledge of Combustions systems.
- Experience in metal casting, melting furnaces and various instrumentation.
- Strong ability to read electrical drawings, troubleshoot to root cause, and implement repairs to restore flow of equipment
- Experience applying knowledge on PLC programming and troubleshooting, ac & dc motors, and variable speed drives.
- Combustion systems experience or Commercial/Industrial Boilers
- Process control and instrumentation principles.