At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Plant Engineering Electrical Technologist for the Plant Engineering Operations/Materials Resource Division located in Cottage Grove, MinnesotaJob Summary
The person hired for the position of Electrical Technologist
will lead the effort for the operation and maintenance of the 3M Cottage Grove electrical distribution system and assure required power quality to all buildings at this site.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate ongoing maintenance of the medium voltage distribution switchgear, protective relays, underground feeders, and building substations at 3M Cottage Grove
- Monitor site electrical systems for reliability and conduct predictive testing of cables, transformers, and circuit breakers
- Forecast equipment replacement and renewal to insure continued asset utilization while controlling capital costs
- Coordinate regular discussions with the Utility Provider to address energy issues and electrical system reliability
- Coordinate and control the electrical switching operations through maintenance of switching procedures and status reports for every change. Conduct training for any personnel that assist with electrical switching operations and any work near energized circuits. Review all energized work requests
- Provide technical support to Plant Engineering Personnel and Contracted Personnel during the design, installation, upgrade, and maintenance of the electrical distribution systems
- Fulfill the role of Responsible Master Electrician for 3M Company, Cottage Grove area providing general oversight for all electrical work at 3M Cottage Grove. Conduct required inspections of electrical work, including Intrinsically Safe systems, and provide correct interpretation of code requirements
- Provide on-call support for any emergency electrical service or maintenance activity
- Minnesota Class A Master Electrician License
- Associate's Degree/Technical Diploma or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in one or more of the following areas in electrical distribution systems: design, operation, and/or maintenance
Location: Cottage Grove, MinnesotaTravel: May include up to 10% domestic travelRelocation Benefits: Are authorized for this position
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Seven (7) or more years of combined experience in electrical distribution system design, operation and/or maintenance
- Previous experience leading cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal, communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to self-directed
- Detail oriented
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.