At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need a Electrical Test Engineer that will be a solid contributor within the Solar Labs of our Information Technology department. Solar Labs is a group within Vivint Solar focused on evaluating new technologies from vendors. We are a small office of 25 employees in Sebastopol, CA that has a small company feel while benefiting from the resources of a larger company
You'll change the world by...
- Design System level test for PV equipment evaluation and analysis.
- Set up standard test apparatus or device test equipment to conduct functional, operational and environmental test for performance and reliability evaluations.
- Assemble, test or maintain equipment with use of measurement instruments, hand or power tools.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of residential solar industry and technologies.
You'll do that with your...
- Ability to perform electrical calculations and analysis.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Ability to install solar panels, inverters, and associated equipment.
- Analytical thought process.
- Test design
- Root cause analysis
- Ability to communicate results effectively.
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Working knowledge of PV system and equipment.
- Minimum 2 years hands-on electrical system test, troubleshooting, development or equivalent experience.
- Experience in test engineering and/or manufacturing engineering.
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.