Wabash, IN Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Owens Corning Thermafiber a growth oriented local manufacturer is seeking a highly skilled Maintenance Electrician to support its manufacturing operation. We offer competitive salary and a good benefits including, comprehensive medical and health benefit packages and generous 401(k).Minimum Requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School diploma or a GED certificate is required.
- Journeyman's Class A license is required. Master is preferred.
- Working knowledge of relays, motors and gearboxes is required.
- Must be able to work with up to 12,470 volt 3-phase equipment and switch gears as well as lower voltages in both single and 3-phase.
- Must be able to work with programmable controllers, distributive control systems and hardwired/software interlocks, variable frequency drives, DC drives and related appurtenances.
- Must be able to reason through problems involving set-up of routine instrumentation projects and maintenance of complex processing equipment. Must possess judgment required to plan and select and use the correct materials, tools and equipment in electrical construction or maintenance.
- Must be able to read, understand, and be capable of applying knowledge of written information, electrical wiring diagrams, OEM manuals, schematics, blueprints, math skills, etc. required to perform job requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and pre-planning abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Install, repair, maintain, and test electrical systems.
- Use industry related hand tools and power tools.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, etc. and install wire and electrical cable systems, conduit systems and other wire raceway systems.
- Feed to, pull into, and terminate wire and cable within control centers, distribution boxes, transformers, transducers, switch gear, receptacles, switches, etc.
- Splice and terminate wires at junction points.
- Troubleshoot equipment electrical systems and control circuits and build control panels from drawings.
- Prepare sketches and schematic diagrams showing the location of wiring and electrical systems.
- Possess a valid driver's license and operate lift equipment.
- Delegate tasks and assist with training other employees.
- Works overtime as required.
- Communicate effectively with supervision and maintenance crew members.
- Maintain workflow schedule to ensure productivity objectives are met.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers and vendors.
- Adhere to all Thermafiber safety policies and procedures.
About Owens Corning
- Lift 50 lbs from ground and pull 50 lbs of force.
- Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling.
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25 lb tool belt.
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires.
- Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms
- Performs and assists in all factory operations maintenance activities.
- Uses the Company's computerized maintenance management system to record and access maintenance related information.
- Programs, troubleshoots, and operates programmable controllers, distributive control systems and interlocking systems.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology