Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Electrician – 2nd Class, located in San Angelo, TX.
Ethicon, Inc. is a trusted, world-wide leader in surgical care. For over a century, Ethicon has continuously introduced innovations in wound closure, general surgery, wound management, women's health and urology and aesthetic medicine that fulfill the company's vision: Restoration of Body and of Life.
Under general supervision and in accordance to prescribed procedures and requirements, the Electrician will perform complete electrical and electronic maintenance support including, but not limited to, installation, diagnosis, troubleshooting, adjustments, repair, preventive and emergency maintenance as well as continuous improvement. Work on all electrical and electronic equipment, such as electrical components, controllers, programmable logic controllers, electric motors, control panels, instrumentation device, wire, cables, printers, conduit, etc. In addition to all electrical and electronic tasks, this individual will be are responsible for recording and maintenance of all critical data and documentation. This position focuses on continuous improvement and maximum efficiency from the machinery, ensuring maximum machine utilization, and minimum departmental non-production time.
Electrician responsibilities will include:
• Reading, interpreting and following work instructions and training materials.
• Pass and maintain training and certification examinations as required.
• Read diagrams, sketches, blueprints, diagrams, operation manuals and manufacturing specifications related to assigned equipment.
• Use process controller programmer systems to maintain programs and to diagnose equipment failures using analysis of relay-ladder-logic programs and other process control language software.
• Diagnose and identify equipment failures within entire the system which may not be electrical in nature, e.g., mechanical, pneumatic, or facilities.
• As required, maintain area support equipment (e.g. electrical utilities, lights, etc.).
• Operate all portable power tools and hand tools in assigned production area; drills, wrenches, grinders and meters to troubleshoot and repair of production equipment.
• Keep accurate records via computer management systems and/or via manual systems by inputting and retrieving maintenance data, and other pertinent data following standard procedures.
• Assure that all maintenance work performed on said equipment and spare parts used are captured in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
• This individual will be responsible for interpreting computer based diagnostic data for predictive maintenance and other applications.
• Be accountable to utilize trade knowledge and familiarity with plant and equipment for leading a continuous improvement program on specified equipment.
• This will include recommending, and participating in equipment improvements, Planned Maintenance (PM) process improvements, and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) tracking/trending.
• Work as member of the Ethicon Performance Excellence (EPS), Manufacturing Equipment Excellence (ME2), or Lean team to achieve specific goals.
• Follow current compliance regulations and standards.
• The Electrician will perform all work in accordance with ISO 14001 principles and environmental regulatory compliance requirements, within safety requirements inherent to chemical process and high voltage electrical work and within all safety codes, including but not limited to NFPA, NEC, applicable building and safety codes, Ethicon requirements, etc.
• Work within engineering safety guidelines, checking with engineering on material and operation acceptability of all parts used inside classified hazardous areas.
• Electrical repairs or modifications that impact personal or process safety must be reviewed by the Safety Audit Team prior to implementation.
• Independently recognize and solve problems with the ability to make critical decisions under pressure on breakdowns and works towards effectively managing deadlines in completing breakdown, maintenance and project activities.
• Demonstrate the ability to work with, and communicate well with others, ability to give and understand instructions, both verbal and written.
• Coordinate, instruct, advise and train other craft personnel as needed. Maintain general housekeeping within the department, keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
• Maintain inventory of spare parts and notify supervisor when parts are needed.
• Utilize electromechanical knowledge to be used in problem diagnosis and solutions.
• Utilize knowledge of electrical schematics for the purpose of troubleshooting and repair.
• Work towards effectively managing deadlines in completing breakdown, maintenance and project activities.
• Make critical decisions under pressure on breakdowns.
• Perform and document electrical related PM on process equipment as assigned.
• Document all equipment service activities and modifications in the Process Equipment Log Book as well as CMMS.
This position is under a Collective Bargaining Agreement in a union environment.
The San Angelo Plant is a 24/7 operation; weekends and holidays are included in the work schedule.Qualifications
• Associates degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years of technical school, military training in the electrical field, or equivalent experience in electrical/electronic controls.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Knowledge of standard testing techniques and practices for general purpose test equipment (volt ohmmeter, current clamps, etc.) is required.
• Knowledge of electrical design/drafting is required.
• The ability to clearly and accurately annotate electrical schematic diagrams is required.
• The ability to read and understand blueprints is required.
• Experience retrieving work orders from Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (i.e. Maximo) preferred.
• Process Excellence experience is preferred.
• Experience with PLCs and automated equipment preferred.
• Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) requirements preferred.
• Electrical Contractor license is preferred.
• Basic computer skills required
• Must be able to work rotating 12 hour night shifts, which will include alternating weekends.
• The ability to work occasional overtime and some holidays is required.
• Successful completion of WORKKEYS (skills assessment) with scores of (5) or higher on all Ethicon required modules.Primary Location
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function