Nestle Purina Petcare Company is a “safety first” culture driven by a zero defect and zero waste mentality set out to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. As a leading pet food manufacturer, and one of the largest manufacturers within the area of Allentown, PA, we carry on the legacy of our Founder who led us to reshape the larger Pet Care Category. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. As an Electrician (2nd Shift), you’ll join our factory in north eastern Pennsylvania, which manufactures ALPO, and Friskies brand canned cat and dog food along with Friskies pouch products.
This role will be responsible for basic electrical work related to Wet Plant Operation including but not limited to electrical systems, preventive maintenance (PM’s), repairs, and modifications. Perform basic electrical and mechanical maintenance as directed, safely and efficiently. The installation or repair of equipment and control systems used in our plant operation on 2nd Shift. Your role in the bigger picture is to perform preventative and predictive maintenance and to improve the reliability and safety of our manufacturing equipment. Although your role is critical in our continuous improvement and success, so is your work-life balance. Work isn’t all there is to life and we wouldn’t have it any other way. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s Next?”
- Perform basic electrical equipment maintenance on control systems used in the factory operation
- Perform additional work directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Production Supervisor
- Apply your experience with CMMS Software to work with work orders, parts orders, and inventory
- Utilize PM and PdM Maintenance tools to detect and diagnose issues.
Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent plus 1 year of electrical experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 2 year associate's degree from a technical college in electrical maintenance/technology