The purpose of the Electrician is to install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment. This role provides maintenance repairs to industrial machinery as needed to keep a continuous manufacturing process supported. Uses man lifts, forklifts, hoists and all electrical testing equipment required. Must work safely and follow all documented and "common sense" safety policies and procedures.
This individual is expected to perform as a professional, highly skilled and exceptionally competent maintenance person. They must be able to analyze, perform root cause analysis on breakdowns and carryout corrective measures.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Job RequirementsMinimum Qualifications Skills and Abilities:
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss or on the job injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem
- Take personal ownership to work safely each and every day and hold other team members to the same level of high safety standards
- Complies with safety requirements and notifies appropriate personnel of exceptions
- Follows all environmental compliance policies and programs
- Basic industrial electrical code (local compliance issues)
- Capability to read schematics and P&ID drawings
- Fusing thermal overload protection, wire sizing, motor theory, etc.
- AC, DC and Servo drive system (advanced)
- Be able to safely conduct motor control and power circuit troubleshooting. Understanding fuse sizing, take motor amp readings, understand basic DC motor control, etc.
- Ability to fully troubleshoot drives - DC and AC variable frequency and communicate technically with outside technical support when needed.
- Ability to fully understand and properly tune the various control loops in the plant including IM/APC systems and weight control equipment.
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers and wiring methods and materials
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components - photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs and encoders
- PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules and devices) and communication modules (Ethernet)
- Fully competent in electrical noise avoidance-grounding, shielding, etc.
- Burner system understanding, troubleshooting and properly tuning
- Basic skills - pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical gear
- Install and repair complex industrial equipment
- Helps maintain all Plant electrical and electronic systems
- Assist in the development and completion of PM and Predictive maintenance programs for all motors, panels and electrical components/systems.
- Completes and maintains plant required records and reports
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replace damaged or broken components
- When appropriate or when plant decides lead efforts for electrical root cause analysis
- Tests malfunctioning machinery and discuss malfunction with other maintenance and operations team members. Including being lead where appropriate for electrical downtime and trouble shooting.
- Replace faulty electrical components of machinery such as relays, switches, motors and position sensing devices
- Assemble and test motor control devices (4KV and lower)
- Run conduit and wiring
- Calibration of machinery
- Complies with good housekeeping practices on the job and ensures work areas are clean and picked up after each job is completed.
- Assists with the electrical training of other maintenance personnel
- Works as instructed with outside contractors
- Attend all required training
- Comply with all plant rules
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular attendance on site and ability to rotate to varying shifts
Advanced Computer Skills
Electrical, PLC, Communication Systems
Hydraulic and Pneumatics
Basic blueprint and schematic reading
Able to think under pressure and make quick and safe decisions
Able to communicate in English
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
Interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
Work independently with minimal direct supervision and drive toward accomplishment and produce high quality work
Good attention to detail
Authorized to work in the United States on an unlimited basis Computer and Software Competencies
Must be able to operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
Must have experience with Allen Bradley systems
Experience utilizing SAP is preferred, not required Education and Experience
High school Diploma or GED equivalent
Journeyman Electrician (preferred, not required)
Power Systems (preferred, not required)
Understanding of 15KV Electrical Distribution
Understanding of Coordinated Multi Drive System
Experience in guarding (light curtains, interlocks, etc.) Experience
Minimum of 5 years experience in related maintenance trade or occupation that involved electrical and electronic components in an industrial manufacturing environment.Additional Information
This is not an entry level position
This is a full time position
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
Will be required to pass a physical and drug screen.
Will be required to complete a background check
Will be required to pass performance test
Must complete and successfully pass the following Work Keys to be considered.
- Applied Technology - Must score a 4 or higher
- Reading for Information - Must score a 5 or higher
- Math - Must score a 5 or higher
Must pass the written Ramsay ElectTest and Ramsay Maintenance Electrician B Test with a 70% or higher
Must score 80% or higher on Performance (hands-on) testingEssential Physical Requirements
Able to do repetitive hand, arm and leg movements for several hours
Able to climb on and off fork truck
Ability to stand for 10-12 hours straight
Able to climb and descend stairs for up to 12 hours continuously
Lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds more than 100 times per day
Able to squat, bend at the waist and knees freely
Exposures to temperature extremes
Exposure to sounds or noise levels that may be uncomfortable
Bending and twisting
Handle, control or feel objects, tools
Wear required personal protective equipment (bump cap/hard hat, gloves, steel toed shoes, ear protection, arc flash gear and respirator when required)Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology