Our factory in Crete, NE is one of the largest wet pet food manufacturing facilities in the U.S. as a mass producer of over three million cans of wet pet food per day, which include our Alpo®, Purina ONE®, Pro Plan®, Friskies® and Purina Veterinary Diets® brands. With the city of Lincoln just 25 miles from the factory, many of our associates find convenience in larger-city living in Lincoln and embrace the short commute to the quainter city of Crete.
As an Electrician, your role in the bigger picture is to repair all electrical equipment and machinery and make alterations, additions and/or revisions to plant property and office electrical systems. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s Next?”
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Read, follow and interpret all electrical schematic essential to the plant
• Perform all electrical work necessary for repairs, alterations, additions and revisions to the plant property and office electrical system
• Know operation of grinders and drill press
• Knowledgeable of electrical current 110 volt through 480 volt 3 phase
• Follows GMP guidelines and maintains a clean and safe work environment
• Make minor repairs on general plant machinery such as fans, blowers, conveyors, belts, mechanical and screw conveyors
• Cut and thread pipe in a neat correct manner
• Do simple repair operations in piping installations such as replacing leaking fittings, replacing valves, etc.
• Schedule and complete work orders for your zone
• Perform all job duties in a safe manner, abiding by all safety rules and policies
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High school diploma or GED equivalent
2 year technical degree
1+ years of experience in electrical maintenance within a manufacturing, technical, or military environment
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.