Installs and repairs electrical systems, devices and electrical/electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment by performing the following duties.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors and programmable controllers.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other appropriate personnel to diagnose malfunction.
- Troubleshoot PLC programming as well as various communication formats.
- Replaces faulty electrical components such as relays, switches, motors and sensors.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty components such as printed circuit boards.
- Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit and electrical devices in buildings.
- Work with 480V 3 Phase electricity as well as high voltage up to 138KV.
- Knowledgeable of the National Electric Code and OSHA regulations and NFPA regulations regarding arc flash.
- May need to install/remove non-electrical components while working on a specific issue.
- Must be a team player with willingness to learn and perform in other areas as assigned by management.
- Shift is not guaranteed, must be willing to be on call, work weekends and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform each individual job duty satisfactorily.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as technical procedures, governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out/interpret instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to keep an open mind, think out of the box and demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement.
- High voltage work and maintenance.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with both management and operators.
- Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
Work Environment: The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; close, confined spaces; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loudPreferred Qualifications
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.