To troubleshoot, dismantle, inspect, repair, modify, rebuild, service and adjust all types of plant equipment. Responsibilities:
- Analyzes breakdowns of plant equipment and plans of details of working approach to determine material and/or replacement needs and follows a practical approach to effect repairs
- Answers trouble calls, performers scheduled and non-scheduled inspections, adjustments, repairs, etc., in accordance with diagram or drawing specifications, manuals or other instructions.
- Analyzes all types of hydraulic, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic circuits, diagrams or drawings as required to install, repair, adjust, calibrate, construct, modify or service all types of electrical systems and devices.
- Sketch parts and layouts for modification of conversion of all types of electrical systems and device.
- Sketch and construct electrical systems and component parts using tools normal to the trade.
- Troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Attends specialized environmental training as required by the EHS Department.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- 5 years heavy industrial maintenance and electrical experience or successful completion of an approved Heavy Industry Apprentice Program.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to ensure minimum interruption to process.
- Communications skills both verbal and written.
- Troubleshooting, conduit threading, bending installation, welding, wiring installation, electronic repair skills.
- Operation for equipment including forklift, man lift, scissor lift, overhead cranes and moving cranes.
- Use of Voltohm meters, meggar, oscilloscope leaders, PLC's, PC's.
- Calibration of all types of electrical equipment and gas fired burners.
- Print reading including electrical and hydraulic prints and schematics.