Jacksonville , Florida - 32206 Shift:
The Electro Mechanical Technician (EMT) performs both mechanical and electrical maintenance duties including: pipe fitting, welding, machining, hydraulics, instrumentation, working with sheet metal, as well as troubleshooting, replacing, repairing, and cleaning systems, equipment, and/or component parts utilizing industry standards for precision maintenance.Essential Job Duties:
Requirements for consideration:
- 65% of time spent performing mechanical troubleshooting and repairs as necessary - pipe fitting, welding, machining, hydraulics, pneumatics, and working with sheet metal.
- 20% of time spent performing electrical and controls troubleshooting and repairs as necessary to support continued operation of the process including instrumentation, controls, motors, VFD's, PLC's, HMI's and basic electrical work.
- 10% Special projects and/or equipment improvements
- 5% Participation in safety programs, TPM teams, and PM optimization
- Comply with all plant rules and corporate policies with regard to business conduct.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Regular attendance on site and ability to rotate varying shifts
- All other job classification relative duties as assigned or needed
- Ability to pass maintenance skill test
- Properly use hand and shop tools (example mechanic tools, welding tools etc).
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with others.
- Good trouble shooting skills in mechanical and electrical areas.
- Be able to read and write mechanical and electrical blueprints
- Familiar with HMIs, PLCs, and Servos.
This position requires standing, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, kneeling, bending, climbing, visual acuity, and routine lifting of 40lbs without assistance and 40+lbs with assistanceAbout Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites that make your car lighter, stronger and more efficient, to innovative roofing products and energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. In business for more than 75 years, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2013. A Fortune 500® company for 59 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 27 countries. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology