This position is responsible for the support of manufacturing equipment and all required maintenance tasks associated with it. This position may also be required to perform routine facility maintenance. Installs, maintains, adjust, troubleshoots, repairs, and performs preventative and predictive maintenance on various types of electrical and electronic circuitry, and electro-mechanical devices incorporated in manufacturing and process equipment. Performs general mechanical and electrical maintenance on all facility equipment and structures. Experience in PLC operations to include basic system configurations and hardware, data manipulation, and data communications. RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Include, but not limited to:
Qualifications: MINUMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Basic microcomputer skills necessary to understand the operation and interfacing characteristics of microprocessors. This includes I/O and interfacing concepts, software interaction, applications, programming languages and techniques.
- Experience in PLC operations to include basic system configurations and hardware, data manipulation, data communications, advanced programming commands, interfacing, troubleshooting, application and program development.
- Training or experience in electric motor drive technologies including: AC variable frequency, AC servo, DC servo, closed loop systems, stepper systems, servo-motors, electronic and mechanical clutch/brake, and encoders.
- Knowledge of welding safety, welding equipment, proper selection of type, wire, settings, and material preparation. Flame cutting knowledge, including safety, equipment, and preparation is also desired.
- Installs, maintains, dismantles, repairs, overhauls, and rebuilds electrical, mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Performs welding fabrication, carpentry, masonry, plumbing and electrical repairs or wiring associated with other work to construct, install, and maintain structures, fixtures, and equipment.
- Analyzes equipment problems resulting from mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic malfunctions.
- Performs preventive maintenance duties including cleaning, inspecting, lubricating.
- Performs traditional electrical power/wire hook ups up to 480 volts 3 phase including bending conduit and troubleshooting.
- Must be able to correctly size electrical wire per NEC code for the application.
- Associate degree in electromechanical, electronic or equivalent education or a minimum of three years of electromechanical work experience.
- Must pass a mechanical aptitude test, (Standard Timing Model), within the time established for an electromechanical technician.
This position description is not intended to be a detailed list of job functions of responsibilities. It outlines the essential functions of the job. An individual may be required to perform other duties from time to time. The company reserves the right to amend, change or delete the contents of this description.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and minorities encouraged to apply.