At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Electro-Mechanical Engineer 2A
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for performing engineering and technical tasks, under general supervision, in support of nuclear plant operations to provide green and carbon free electricity to central Illinois.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform engineering and technical tasks as assigned by supervision applying general engineering principles. Monitoring power plant (electrical, distribution, digital and control systems) equipment and system performance using remote indications and periodic direct field observations. Duties include identification of potential system enhancements / modifications and advocating for improved equipment performance and reliability.
- Assure all engineering products prepared are in accordance with applicable safety analyses, industry codes, engineering specifications and all regulatory requirements. Examining the results of system performance to assure compliance with federal regulatory standards including NERC, FERC and others is effective.
- Periodic participation as a representative of a major utility within fleet and industry peer groups to leverage industry experience for improved performance. Participate in benchmarking and self-assessments as a basis to provide recommendations and improvements to methodology, procedures, and standard process improvements.
- B. S. in Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Minimum 2 years engineering experience
- Engineer in training certification
- System analysis and troubleshooting skills beneficial
Qualifications- Must have good grasp of techniques and a good understanding of the fundamental functions performed by the group.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.