We are seeking an enthusiastic engineer to assist with ongoing projects in the field of Test Equipment Engineering. The key skills needed to be successful are the ability to learn quickly and a desire to do the best job possible.
The role of an intern in the Test Equipment Engineering group will involve working with and integrating different aerospace products with their respective test systems. This type of role is an opportunity to learn how aerospace systems work by learning how to test them. Interactions at all levels of the product development and manufacturing teams are normal for this type of work.
As a member of the Test Equipment Engineering group, this intern will also have exposure to:
- Assisting current test equipment engineers in debugging and integrating new test sets for production area use for both legacy and newly developed products
- Developing test plans for new and existing circuit card assemblies (CCAs)
- Helping debug problem circuit cards, learn common test tools used at CCA suppliers, and develop a good understanding of the need to design for manufacturing
Qualification: We are looking for an individual that is resourceful and can build working relationships with others. This summer intern will also have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Desired past experience:
- Troubleshooting computers or test systems
- Writing LabVIEW code for applications (or using other higher level software, such as C++)
- AutoCAD use
- Circuit analysis
- Use of common lab instrumentation (scopes, power supplies, frequency generators..)
Education: The ideal candidate will currently be pursuing a BS degree in Electrical, Electromechanical, or Software Engineering or possibly a degree in Mechanical Engineer with applicable experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems