Johnson & Johnson Consumer Group of Companies is seeking a Electro-Mechanical Facilities Technician in Los Angeles, CA.
The Electro-Mechanical Facilities Technician is responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of Production electro-mechanical equipment (Hardware and Software) in the facilities equipment. The Electro-Mechanical Facilities Technician works on electrical and mechanical assignments that may be complex in nature where guided judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Group of Companies develops and markets consumer healthcare, baby care, and beauty/skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brand JOHNSON’S® Baby and leading skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO®, CLEAN & CLEAR® and LUBRIDERM®.
Electro-Mechanical Facilities Technician will:
- Combine fundamental principles of electrical/electronic engineering technology with knowledge of mechanical engineering technology to support, maintain, test, troubleshoot and improve mechanical, electrical and computer-controlled facilities equipment.
- Perform diversified electrical and electronic instrumentation duties. Electrical duties would include preventive maintenance of motors and other electrical apparatus, switchgear, MCCs, Variable Frequency Motor drives, electrical distribution and power panels in voltages ranging from 120V AC to 480 Volts 3 phase.
- Install and troubleshoot instrumentation systems related to electrical, instrumentation control, hydraulics, pneumatics and a variety of other systems; inspect installed systems to assure proper operation.
- Maintain configuration control, preventive maintenance, and system integrity records required by internal and external directives.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical/mechanical systems, equipment and components, both in the field and in the shop.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair malfunctioning systems and equipment.
- Install, repair and maintain electrical motors circuits ranging up to 480 Vac.
- Examine various electrical/mechanical systems and make recommendations for new equipment, repairs and modifications.
- Responsible for working with equipment operators in monitoring all safety items on the equipment and keeping them in optimal operating condition.
- Responsible for communicating with manufacturing personnel regarding status of the facilities utilities/equipment/systems.
- Practice company safety, quality policies and procedures, actively requires conformance.
- Complete all documentation correctly and provide necessary information with clear, concise, specific and thorough descriptions of any work completed following good Manufacturing Practices.
- Responsible for providing work that adheres to all current SOPs and the Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Must be able to support Facilities plant systems monitoring, operations, and maintenance activities on a daily basis.
- Must be able to support Facilities Maintenance activities during holidays, weekends, off shift and shutdowns. Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of facilities equipment/systems during scheduled work schedule and off hours. Perform scheduled maintenance repairs of facilities equipment/systems during planned outages.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance, and service. Read and interpret One-line drawings, electrical/electronic schematics and related drawings/diagrams.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with Quality and EHHS procedures and regulations.
- Maintain 5-S, clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform other duties and functions as required by the needs of the Department and Plant.
- An Associate Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or equivalent education is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in similar technical field is required. Experience in GMP Facility is highly desirable.
- Understanding of other aspects of machinery and automation, safety standards, mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics is required.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (e.g. PLC 5, SLC/500, CompactLogix, RSLogix 5000), Siemens (Simotion, S7) is highly desirable.
- Experience interpreting reading/interpreting PI&D (Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams) is required.
- A working knowledge of one or more industrial networking systems (e.g. Ethernet/IP, Profibus, and DeviceNet, Mechatrolink) including configuration is required.
- Proficiency working with computer including CMMS, Purchase Requisitions and MS OFFICE is required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively while managing multiple tasks is required.
- NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E knowledge is highly desirable.
- Effective technical writing skills are desired.
- Experience with digital and analog computer machine interfacing, a plus.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
- Must be able to work from ladders, scaffolding or powered lifts when required.
United States-California-Los AngelesOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.