Position is responsible for repairing and installing advanced production/manufacturing equipment. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. May mentor and provide support to less experienced mechanics. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed. Must have own hand tools.
This position requires continuous work near heat, noise, gas, and chemicals. The position requires frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling. The position may require weekend and/or holiday work.
• Perform preventative maintenance on more advanced/sophisticated production equipment
• Perform repairs on more advanced production equipment as needed
• Perform breakdown analysis
• Oversee or perform general housekeeping
• Upgrade production lines with new/upgraded equipment/technology
• Direct activities of outside contractors working on assigned line
• Change line for package changeovers
• Enforce GMP, safety, and audit standards
• Work independently under limited supervision (self-management)
• Documentation of work schedule and work tasks completed
• 18 years or older
• Pass the drug test; Pass the background check
• Pass technical assessment addressing job-critical maintenance knowledge areas
• Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays).
• Experience with electrical systems (installation, frequency drive, troubleshooting)
• Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
• Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
• Experience with troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
• Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
• Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics).
• Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
• Experience with compressors/ammonia systems (e.g., refrigeration systems).
• Experience with conveyers and airveyors (air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls).
• Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
• Experience with gearing and gear boxes (rebuilds, ordering parts, machining parts).
• Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves, troubleshooting).
• Experience with kinematics (e.g., line speed/sprocket size ratios, etc.).Review rating instructions.
• Experience with packaging/high speed production (e.g., bottling, consumer products, etc.).
• Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
• Experience with pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes, reading, troubleshooting).
• Experience with pneumatics/air compression (e.g., valves, cylinders, etc.).
• Experience with preventative maintenance (computerized preventative charts/data).
• Experience with pumps (e.g., troubleshooting, replacing seals/motors, understanding specs).
• Experience with SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotic motors, in-coders, etc.).
• Experience working in team based environments (working together with others).
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.