Electronic Controls - Technical Specialists #IN579
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career.
Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Electronic Controls - Technical Specialists #IN579 in Columbus, Indiana.
• Apply specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks to develop and support activities in the area of electrical & electronics engineering.
• This may include one or more of the following:
o Developing the electrical and electronics specifications;
o Designing electrical and electronic systems and components;
o Analyzing and simulating electrical and electronic capabilities;
o Implementing and generating software;
o Verifying and validating controls, hardware, or software;
o Tuning controls;
o Releasing controls, hardware, or software;
o Troubleshooting controls, hardware, or software issues;
o Servicing and maintaining controls, hardware, or software;
o Managing life-cycle obsolescence;
o Design and Analysis of Electric Generators/Alternators and motors;
o Electrical Circuit Design;
o Performance simulation of Electrical Power Systems;
o Electrical and Electronics includes all electrical and electronic elements within the system.
• Apply technical expertise on complex components or projects with minimal supervision.
• Lead small projects or portions of large projects.
• Participate as a key contributor and is accountable for project success.
• Influence at department or program management level.
• Provide input on program-related decisions.
• Propose innovative initiatives and projects.
• Demonstrate depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverage expertise on other projects.
• Troubleshoot complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
• Assist with the transfer of knowledge.
• Perform Harness and interconnect design including specifying and selecting connectors, wire gauge, length, routing, tie-down, and protection mechanisms and repair, service, or select connectors with appropriate sub-components.
• Design/analyze: actuator driver, power supply, signal conditioning (digital), analog and frequency type sensors, and system power bus/grounding using knowledge of Analog Circuit Design.
• Understand, specify, analyze, and design digital electronic circuits or devices utilizing knowledge of Digital Circuit Design.
• Applies knowledge of Mechanical Design and Performance Requirements to specify, and validate requirements for the design of electronic components.
• Apply Diagnostics for component health and for monitoring engine and subsystem performance (coolant temperature, oil pressure, EGR flow, turbo performance, etc.).
• Understanding for power generation, transmission, and distribution systems.
• Perform power systems & analysis based on knowledge of how the Electrical generator performance are influenced when they are connected to Power Systems .
Experience and Education:
• Positions require a Master's degree in Mechanical, Electronics, or Controls Engineering or related field and two years of experience as a Systems, Hardware, or Controls Engineer or related position.
• Alternatively, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electronics, or Controls Engineering or related field and five years of experience as a Systems, Hardware, or Controls Engineer or related position.
Experience to include:
• Analog Circuit Design;
• Digital Circuit Design;
• Harness & Interconnect Design;
• Mechanical Design and Performance Requirements;
• Electrical Power Systems.
JOB SITE: Columbus, IN
WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week [8:00 am to 5:00 pm]
To apply, go to www.cummins.com and refer to Job ID # IN579 .
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Benefits . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verity. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins .
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.