Electronic Engineer - Telecom
Posted: December 15, 2016
Reference ID: 1622361962
An Electronic Engineer-Telecom job opportunity in Vancouver, Washington is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technology. Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in Electronics/Electrical or Telecom Engineering in addition to 10+ years' of experience in a related field . The position is located in Vancouver, Washington
Please contact Carol Heard at 503-535-2588 or email@example.com with any questions and/or if you are interested in applying.
Electronic Engineer-Telecom job responsibilities include:
- Support System Operations with O&M and project tasks primarily focusing on LAN/WAN and Carrier Ethernet. Tasks include provisioning switches and routers, Cisco ONS 15454's, Channel banks, and Ciena Z33's/Z77's.
- Collaborate with Planning, Design, Construction, and field maintenance organizations to address O&M issues and understand their needs in developing and completing projects. Tasks include active participation in meetings and completing tasks that are either assigned or volunteered.
- Assist in system design and O&M issues relating to telecommunications backbone with a focus on packet Ethernet and WAN with mission critical reliability requirements and the required support systems. Tasks include documenting architectural designs using Visio, evaluating systems design with a NERC-CIP perspective, and working with diverse teams to complete schedule-driven targets.
- Test and develop procedures to publish for compliance. Tasks include developing or editing FISMA/NERC-CIP documents related to devices used on the telecom backbone and endpoints and working with compliance teams to meet schedule-driven targets, such as Automatic Fiber Monitor System (AFMS), Telecommunications Network Management System (TNMS), and Dispatch Telephone System (DTS).
- Provide clear documentation for training proposes, once project tasks related to Carrier Ethernet and WAN are completed. Tasks include utilizing finalized training documents for personnel training and completing knowledge transfers related to Class of Service (CoS) and traffic engineering work.
- Represent System Operations in Technical Work Groups, such as Equipment Specifications, Maintenance Standards & Procedures, New Systems / Equipment Evaluation, as requested and required by compliance databases.
- Represent Grid Operations during Project Review Design (PRD) reviews; communicate system requirements and information to the Telecom Design Work groups, Team Leads, and Planning in order to coordinate group strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics/Electrical or Telecom Engineering is required.
- 10+ years experience in Telecommunication Engineering or related field is required.
- 5+ years experience on project teams developing telecom and / or network systems is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel is required (MS Office 2010 proficiency is required).
- 5+ years of Carrier Ethernet and/or network systems programming/troubleshooting experience is strongly preferred.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of knowledge of computer network and control systems concepts, principals, and practices applicable to components and facilities found on a regional transmission or utility system is highly desired.
- This position requires expert skill in:
- Telecom/Network systems engineering principles and concepts with minimal guidance
- Active participation with technical team coordination
- Technical evaluation and evaluation process of control system technologies
- Developing compliance program to meet NERC CIP and FISMA standards
If you are interested in this job in Vancouver, WA then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technology go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Carol Heard at 503-535-2588 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled