Installer Helper What you will do
The primary function of this position is to assist higher - level installers in the installation of low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of Tyco Safety (SimplexGrinnell) equipment.
What we look for
- Help to execute projects on time and within allocated installation hours.
- Adhere to all OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Experience with hand tools test equipment, multi-meter usage, digital analyzer and commissioning devices.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
• Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
• Overnight travel may be required.
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
• Ability to work well with team members and willingness to follow instructions.
• Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
• Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
• Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
• Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
• Achieve NICET Level I certification within 12 months.
• Completion of SimplexGrinnell Basic Fire Alarm training within 12 months. Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.