Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Electronic Installation Technician II (Helena, MT) About the role:
Responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery and interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customer's expectations.
Rewards and benefits:
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and program fire alarm, security- card access, CCTV, and communication systems
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, and specifications
- Wiring new equipment according to blueprints and also troubleshooting existing systems
- Repair electronic components using electronic test equipment and replacement parts
- Maintain and update As-Built schematics, drawings, and documentation files on equipment and notify engineering of those changes
- Complete verification reports for submittal to customers and carry out system acceptance tests with AHJ's and other interested parties
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with team members and customers
- Willing to be part of an on-call rotation and work flexible hours and/or overtime as required
- Maintain up to date knowledge of various product lines
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for:
- 3-5 years' experience in the Fire Alarm and/or Security industry
- Strong technical skills coupled with the ability and willingness to learn new systems and processes
- An attention to detail and the ability to work independently is essential
- Good customer interaction skills and the ability to think on your feet are required
- Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices preferred
- Successful candidate must obtain/maintain NICET Level I within the first year of employment and obtain NICET Level II within 2 years
- A valid driver's license with good driving record; and the ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes, and the ability to pass drug screen and employment background check required
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.