What you will do
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. How you will do it
• Duties include, but are not limited to: exhibiting effective customer service skills
• Ability to understand basic electronics/electricity, install EMT conduit, wire mold and associated hardware based on NEC requirements
• Reading and understanding in depth electric diagrams, schematics, and software/systems programs
• Trouble shooting and repairing low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment
• Availability to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer requirements; operating company vehicle; ability to work with others, perform other duties as directed and deemed necessary for this position.
Ideal candidate would have a strong electrical background. What we look for
- Minimum 3-5 years experience within the electrical construction business.
- 2 year trade school certificate preferred but not required.
- Understanding proper use of mechanical and electric hand tools.
- NEC code experience preferred.
- Understand site safety requirements such as OSHA standards.
- Experience and proficiency reading electrical and mechanical drawings.
- A working knowledge of test equipment such as digital multi meter, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communicating devices.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.