Electronic Installer III What you will do
Executes and/or leads install tasks or projects independently from start to finish in standard complexity and standard size systems for Installation of electronic product lines and standard electronic systems. Identifies and resolves troubleshooting issues of standard complexity and small size systems.
The primary function of this position is to supervise Field Installers and to coordinate the daily activities for the assigned construction sites to install low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of SimplexGrinnell installed systems.
• Oversee all duties of the assigned field installation crews.
• Review project drawings and obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities according to specifications. Attend all required site meetings involved with installation activities.
• Define wiring methods and installation techniques for installers.
• Coordinate initial job site mobilization activities. Establish project objectives with installers.
• Monitor the construction schedule to ensure all milestones are achieved and advise Project Manager of all changes.
• Define the construction sequence with other trades at the work location to optimize installation time.
• Attend and conduct weekly construction meeting and document progress. Advice team members of weekly milestones. Inform Superintendent of project status and milestones weekly (Weekly Reports). Identify and resolve issues affecting the project and inform management of actions.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area. Ensure installers pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SimplexGrinnell work and that they wear appropriate safety equipment as required including hats and shoes. Conduct weekly Toolbox Talk meetings to ensure employees are aware of and adhere to safety requirements. Inform Team of any project specific safety requirements.
• Responsible for assuring all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment are received and properly secured at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
• Monitor project for adherence to quality control standards.
• Identify project changes that impact cost, schedule or man loading requirements. Bring to the immediate attention of the Superintendant all changes, discrepancies and coordination problems that impair installation activities or schedule. Maintain effective field documentation to protect SimplexGrinnell from claims, backcharges, or unfunded work.
• Ensure a complete set of updated as-built working drawings, specifications, and jobsite daily logs are maintained during construction and assemble a complete set of as-builts at completion to be turned into Superintendent within 5 days of AHJ acceptance.
• Complete all commissioning documentation including certifications, and acceptance forms.
• Inventory and verify equipment received for projects meet the project needs before leaving warehouse. Complete an inventory document of equipment received and provide to superintendent before leaving warehouse.
• Complete and submit time reports and other payroll documents as required.
• May be required to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements.
• Perform other duties as directed. What we look for Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years field experience in low voltage installation or electrical installation.
- State of Texas Fire Alarm License required.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
Who we are
- NICET Level II or above preferred.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.