Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Electronic Security Technician- SimplexGrinnell
About the role
• Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on security systems and other related system components at customer sites.
• Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, etc...
• Exhibit superior customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
• Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
• Perform service, troubleshoot and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites.
• Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
• Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction. Complete project documentation in a timely manner.
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
WWhat are we looking for:
• Experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Access Control, CCTV systems.
• Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, fiber optic scopes, and hand tools.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
• Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
• Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
• Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
• NICET Level II or higher certification preferred.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.