What you will do:
Our continued growth has produced a need for a talented Electronic Service Sales Executive to join our team. In this challenging and rewarding role the responsibilities will include professionally representing the Company with respect to the promotion and sale of Fire Sprinkler service offerings to various customers and end users within assigned territory and accounts.
How you will do it:
This position requires high energy level with a focus toward customers and a strong desire to succeed. Good organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent communications skills and ability to persuade and close sales required. Must be able to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process and work with minimal supervision. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Field sales position responsible for selling Electronic Services (Moves, Adds and changes) to assigned customer base (geography or account).
• Manage the entire sales process, from uncovering opportunity, developing solution/value proposition, preparing design, creating contract, negotiating terms, closing opportunities, and providing on-going customer service through service delivery.
• Work with other sales, technical, design engineering, service, support, and management to meet customer needs.
• Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings.
• Close sales to meet or exceed sales plan objectives.
• Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designated sales plan.
• Assume account management responsibility including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction.
• Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sales.
• Investigate and resolve customer problems in regard to delivery dates, billings, financing and other related matters.
• Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of additional sales.
• Perform periodic market investigations within as assigned territory to develop new applications; provide sales forecasting for assigned territory.
• Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
• Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
What we look for:
• Bachelor degree in marketing, business, or engineering preferred.
• Three or more years, successful sales experience with fire alarms, security control, and monitoring or similar industry. Experience working with electrical contractors and blueprints is desirable.
• Excellent sales, presentation, and closing techniques.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Self- motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
• PC Proficiency including familiarity with Word, Excel, and job costing systems.
• NICET II certification must be obtained within the first 12 months of employment. (This is company sponsored)
• Highly motivated and success driven.
• Ability to quickly identify and qualify opportunities.
• High degree of self-discipline.
• Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams desirable.
• Computer experience (Microsoft and Oracle programs preferred.)
• Good oral and written communication skills and sales techniques.
• Ability to persuade and close sales.
• Self-Motivation with good organizational skills.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes.
• Must be able to pass a background check, MVR check and drug screening.
Who we are:
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. Being a part of a global company like Johnson Controls affords you exposure to global career pathing opportunities.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.