What you will do:
Our continued growth has produced a need for a talented Electronic Service Sales Executive to join our team. In this challenging and rewarding role the responsibilities will include professionally representing the Company with respect to the promotion and sale of Fire Sprinkler service offerings to various customers and end users within assigned territory and accounts.How you will do it:
This position requires high energy level with a focus toward customers and a strong desire to succeed. Good organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent communications skills and ability to persuade and close sales required. Must be able to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process and work with minimal supervision. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What we look for:Required
- Field sales position responsible for selling Electronic Services (Moves, Adds and changes) to assigned customer base (geography or account).
- Manage the entire sales process, from uncovering opportunity, developing solution/value proposition, preparing design, creating contract, negotiating terms, closing opportunities, and providing on-going customer service through service delivery.
- Work with other sales, technical, design engineering, service, support, and management to meet customer needs.
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings.
- Close sales to meet or exceed sales plan objectives.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designated sales plan.
- Assume account management responsibility including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sales.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems in regard to delivery dates, billings, financing and other related matters.
- Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of additional sales.
- Perform periodic market investigations within as assigned territory to develop new applications; provide sales forecasting for assigned territory.
- Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
- Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three or more years, successful sales experience with fire alarms, security control, and monitoring or similar industry.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business, or engineering preferred.
- Experience working with electrical contractors and blueprints is desirable.
- Excellent sales, presentation, and closing techniques.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Self- motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- PC Proficiency including familiarity with Word, Excel, and job costing systems.
- NICET II certification must be obtained within the first 12 months of employment. (This is company sponsored)
- Highly motivated and success driven.
- Ability to quickly identify and qualify opportunities.
- High degree of self-discipline.
- Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams desirable.
- Computer experience (Microsoft and Oracle programs preferred.)
- Good oral and written communication skills and sales techniques.
- Ability to persuade and close sales.
- Self-Motivation with good organizational skills.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com