Electronic Superintendent What you will do
The primary function of this position is to supervise Field Installers and to coordinate the daily activities for the assigned construction sites to install low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of SimplexGrinnell installed systems.
• Oversee all duties of the assigned field installation crews.
• Review project drawings and obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities according to specifications. Assist in the development of the construction schedule that defines project duration, work phases, equipment deliveries, and man loading. Attend all required site meetings involved with installation activities.
• Define wiring methods and installation techniques for installers.
• Meet with code officials to arrange for personnel licensing, building permits and to discuss the intended wiring methods.
• Coordinate initial job site mobilization activities. Establish project objectives with lead installers and conduct weekly job site visits and status reviews.
• Monitor the construction schedule to ensure all milestones are achieved and advise Construction Manager of all changes.
• Define the construction sequence with other trades at the work location to optimize installation time.
• Attend and participate in weekly construction meeting and document progress. Identify and resolve issues affecting the project and inform management of actions.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area. Ensure installers pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SimplexGrinnell work and that they wear appropriate safety equipment as required including hats and shoes. Conduct on going safety meetings to ensure employees are aware of and adhere to safety requirements.
• Responsible for assuring all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment are received and properly secured at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
• Monitor project for adherence to quality control standards.
• Identify project changes that impact cost, schedule or man loading requirements. Bring to the immediate attention of the Construction Manager all changes, discrepancies and coordination problems that impair installation activities or schedule. Maintain effective field documentation to protect SimplexGrinnell from claims, backcharges, or unfunded work.
• Expedite and track equipment, materials, and rental equipment required to achieve maximum labor efficiency and meet contract schedule milestones.
• Ensure a complete set of updated as-built working drawings, specifications, and jobsite daily logs are maintained during construction and assemble a complete set of as-builts at completion.
• Coordinate all close-out documentation including punch lists, certifications, and acceptance forms.
• Monitor labor analysis and job cost reports and review objectives and status with installation teams.
• Complete and submit time reports and other payroll documents.
• Monitor OSHA and HAZCOM requirements.
• May be required to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements.
• Set goals and objectives for subordinates, communicate expectations to employees, and periodically review subordinate's performance. Identify areas of improvement, and implement necessary development and training programs or other appropriate actions. Responsible for assisting in meeting equal employment opportunity/affirmative action program goals and objectives. Abide by Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, as well as Company policies and programs. Participate in the development and implementation of a union free program aimed at maintaining and improving our relationship with the work force.
• Perform other duties as directed. What we look for Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of eight years field experience in low voltage installation or electrical installation
- State of Texas Fire Alarm License required.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with spreadsheet, scheduling, and estimating applications.
- NICET Level II or above preferred.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
Who we are
- NICET Level II or above preferred.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.