What you will do
Configure, install dismantle, reconstruct and programs security and fire systems required by the commercial customer. How you will do it
What we look for
- Installs appropriate devices; dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or Tyco Integrated Security (CCTV/Fire Alarms)
- Conducts service calls and prewires residences.
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
- Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
- Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
- Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
- Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
- Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- May manage installation teams on larger projects.
- High School degree or equivalent mandatory.
- Electronic Trade School training desired
- 5 years electrical and electronic equipment experience with demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
- Valid driver's license.
- NICET II.
- Fire Alarm Licensed in the states of Ohio and Michigan.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .