Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. Position Summary:
The primary function of this position is to identify, promote and sell SimplexGrinnell Building Systems products. Must be able to establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing SimplexGrinnell marketing strategies; to determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a sales plan for assigned territory to include segmenting territory based on customer type to qualify and prioritize opportunities, and to maintain appropriate territory records.
- Must be able to allocate time effectively with the goal of meeting or exceeding quote requirements.
- Conduct seminars, demonstrations, etc.
- Generate, develop and qualify leads for prospective customers.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations and perform necessary follow-up.
- Must maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of follow up sales.
- Participate in trade shows.
- Special product demonstrations and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the company's image.
- BS or BA a plus
- High school or equivalent a must.
- Minimum of 3 years successful sales experience in Electronic or similar industry.
- Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams is desirable.
- Exposure to computer/ applications software a plus
- Computer Literate - Windows Applications
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills and sales techniques
- Presentation skills
- Must have the ability to persuade and close sales.
- Must be a self-motivator with good organizational skills.
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be able to pass a background and drug testing.
SimplexGrinnell offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Tyco, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.