Job Description:Position Summary:
The primary function of this position is to identify, promote and sell SimplexGrinnell Building Systems products. Must be able to establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing SimplexGrinnell marketing strategies; to determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings. Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Qualifications: Education:
- Develop a sales plan for assigned territory to include segmenting territory based on customer type to qualify and prioritize opportunities, and to maintain appropriate territory records.
- Must be able to allocate time effectively with the goal of meeting or exceeding quote requirements.
- Conduct seminars, demonstrations, etc.
- Generate, develop and qualify leads for prospective customers.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations and perform necessary follow-up.
- Must maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of follow up sales.
- Participate in trade shows.
- Special product demonstrations and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the company's image.
- BS or BA a plus
- High school or equivalent a must.
- Minimum of 3 years successful sales experience in Electronic or similar industry.
- Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams is desirable.
- Fire Alarm knowledge required
- Two (2) to Five (5) plus years of successful sales experience in the fire protection or similar industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or engineering preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Highly motivated and success driven.
- Proven ability to persuade and close sales.
- Ability to quickly identify and qualify opportunities.
- High degree of self-discipline.
- Exceptional presentation skills with demonstrated sales techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
- Computer experience (Microsoft and Oracle programs preferred.)
- Ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes.
- Successfully pass a background investigation and drug test.
- Possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.