Job Description: HIRING EVENT - December 15 th 1PM -7PM (By Appointment)
At Johnson Controls, we are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of people all over the world. How do we do this? By working together on holistic solutions for smarter buildings and cities today and tomorrow. By protecting people and the environment. By giving back in the communities we live in. By solving today's challenges while constantly asking 'what's next.' So, what's next in your future? Join us for our one day hiring event on December 15 th and create your next opportunity with us.
Electronics Technician - New Construction-SimplexGrinnell (Seattle, WA) About the role:
Job Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- Perform service and new installation commissioning activities on fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion alarm and intercom systems.
- Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet customer expectations and manufacturer specifications.
- Field coordination and communication, system programming, commissioning, AHJ testing and training on new system installations.
- Evaluate and diagnose equipment that requires servicing as well as troubleshooting potential field wiring problems.
- Provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers on the most efficient and cost effective method in restoring a specific system back to normal condition.
- Manage assigned Electronic Systems service calls in regards to field labor hours estimated.
- Customer satisfaction through coordination, response to customer requests and problems and clear communication skills.
- Prepare reports on daily activities.
- Read and understand complicated blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/system programs, and operation/product manuals.
- Required to lift and or carry equipment and tools, which may be over forty (40) pounds. Working environment may involve climbing ladders and scaffoldings with equipment, upwards to forty (40) feet. Capable of working in cramped workspaces such as ducts, and crawl spaces.
Rewards and benefits:
- 2-5 years' experience with installation and service of fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion and intercom systems.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of electricity and electronics. In addition, demonstrate an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Ability to effectively work independently.
- Seattle FA-1 certification desirable,
- State of Washington EL-06 Limited Energy Electrician certification required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Be able to carry and move equipment/tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Minimum high school/trade school graduate, military, or two year Associate degree in a technical field involving electronics or computers.
- Working knowledge of personal computers (Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7) and Microsoft's suite of Office software.
- Working knowledge of IT network systems
- Ability to use hand and power tools and test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents, as well as project plans, specifications, schedules and equipment installation/operation/troubleshooting manuals.
- NICET Level II certification in Fire Alarm desired, but not required. If not already NICET certified, will need to obtain Level II certification within 6 months of date of hire.
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record is required.
- Drug test and Security and Background check is required.
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
For Additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.